By Francis Zyder
- Tugee will lead a team of experienced ICT professionals that deliver high quality and affordable Internet bandwidth into these dynamic and growing markets
- Tugee who holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Nairobi, brings to the table transformative leadership and strategies for maintaining strong relationships to grow SEACOM in the East African region
- SEACOM has the best and most advanced data network in Africa and has earned trust from carriers, MNOs and ISPs to deliver their international data connectivity through its ownership of Africa’s most extensive ICT data infrastructure – including multiple subsea cables and a resilient, continent-wide IP-MPLS network – SEACOM provides flexible, scalable and high-quality communications services that enable the growth of the continent’s economy.
- SEACOM Business division leverages its infrastructure and last-mile partnerships to provide the African enterprise market with best-in-class connectivity and cloud services at highly competitive prices. SEACOM Business now delivers data connectivity directly to corporates.
- SEACOM is privately owned and operated, allowing it the agility to rapidly deploy new services, commercial structures and infrastructure in response to customer requirements.
SEACOM has appointed Mr. Tonny Tugee to be the company’s Managing Director of the Eastern North and East Africa region. This is the first time SEACOM has appointed a Managing Director for the region, and indicates both its faith in the region’s future prospects as well as faith in Tonny Tugee’s capabilities.
SEACOM is the preferred supplier and partner for African enterprises, network carriers and service providers, offering a full suite of resilient and scalable data services and a vast supply of high quality and affordable Internet bandwidth to Africa’s growing ICT community.
Mr. Tugee will lead a team of experienced ICT professionals that deliver high quality and affordable Internet bandwidth into these dynamic and growing markets. This appointment will also have Tonny assume accountability for the financial performance for the East and North Africa region.
Announcing this appointment, SEACOM Group CEO, Byron Clatterbuck, reinforced that Tugee’s appointment is in line with the firm’s strategy of tapping globally benchmarked, and locally relevant expertise, to drive expansion in the region and across Africa.
“As a company, we are always looking for the best talent, and we strive to retain the best by allowing that talent to drive our growth in local markets, streamline the company’s activities and bring our vision for the region to fruition. We have always been committed to absorbing expert local talent who have deep market knowledge and experience,” said Clatterbuck.
“We are also determined to collaborate with our customers and partners to deliver an unmatched proposition that sets SEACOM apart in the enterprise Internet market,” added Mr. Clatterbuck.
Tugee who holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Nairobi, brings to the table transformative leadership and strategies for maintaining strong relationships to grow SEACOM in the East African region.
“Tonny is an integral part of the SEACOM team. His promotion indicates our confidence in him and his skillset, as well as his unique knowledge and expertise within the company and region in which he operates. We are confident that with the support of our dynamic regional team, SEACOM will provide a world-class level of customer service to enable our customers realize the intrinsic value of our network” concluded Mr. Clatterbuck.
As a pan African telecom enabler, SEACOM is banking on a strengthened local leadership team with deep market knowledge to drive the uptake of its connectivity and cloud services in Kenya’s fast-growing digital economy.